About Me

My photo
I'm a Jesus loving girl who is blessed with an amazing husband and two beautiful children. At the age of 23, while pregnant with my firstborn I noticed a dome shaped nodular area on my left hip. It started growing larger and eventually started bleeding. After the birth of my baby girl and my 24th birthday I decided to get the ugly bump checked. The result was Stage III nodular Malignant Melanoma that had extensions into my lymph nodes. I completed a year of Interferon chemotherapy. a year later I became pregnant with my second child. After his birth I developed two more melanoma primary tumors-- stage 1 2010, and stage 2 in 2011. Since then I have made it my mission to advocate and educate to bring about melanoma awareness in hopes that it could save others from this deadly disease. Thankfully, I am very healthy and doing very well! I have No Evidence of Disease and I'm showing Cancer Who's Boss by staying fit and healthy. I plan to blog about my adventures in running over cancer during training for my first Full marathon Fall 2014. Remember to love your skin, protect your skin, and check your skin. Share the love and spread the chemical-free lotion!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Don't be Pink Envy~Be Pink Inspired!

Hello friends, I had an amazing time at the Path to the cure breast cancer race in Huntington WV.  It was an awesome turnout with over 1,500 runners and walkers. I didn't get my best race time today as it was difficult to navigate through the masses of people...what an awesome problem to have:-)  My time was 28:08 with a pace of 9:04 per mile.  I placed 8 out of 131 women in my age group,  53 out of 1,075 women and 155 out of a total of 1,527 people.  I'm so thankful for God giving me the ability to run for such an amazing cause.  Our breast cancer fighting sisters sure know how to party and bring about awareness!  They raised a ton of money ($72,218) to help under/uninsured patients get mammograms in our area.  We could all learn a lot from our pink sisters. Let us not forget that we cancer fighting people are all in this together.  Cancer sucks no matter what type you are diagnosed with.   Cancer is Cancer regardless if  you have breast, melanoma, colon, brain, cervical, pancreatic, bone, prostate, childhood, lung, lymphoma, leukemia, stomach or a rare type you have never heard of.  We are all in the fight for our lives when we hear the words "You have cancer".  The  important thing is getting the word out there about your cancer so others don't have to walk in our shoes!  We are all in this fight together and that cancer kills no matter what type you have.  Let us not become envious of the pink that is everywhere but let it inspire us to share and get out there to promote awareness for the type of cancer we each have.  If you aren't seeing enough awareness out there about your type of cancer don't sit back and complain about it waiting for someone else to take the stand.  Get out there and promote awareness cause  you never know whose life you might save. I have learned a lot from my pink wearing cancer fighting friends! It only takes one person to stand up and share their story that could save a ton of lives.   So what are you waiting for?  Get out there and spread some awareness for your cancer!  I hope that soon with all the awareness and money raised for research that cancer in itself is a rare word!  With tomorrow being the first of October and Breast Cancer awareness month don't forget to do your monthly breast exam and while your at it check your skin for any unusual moles or lesions.  As always share the love and spread the lotion to all those around you!  Much love and God bless each of you!



Couldn't fit the massive line of people in one image!  So Powerful!!!

After the race today my livi girl made me a card.  I thought I would share it with my friends, hope you enjoy!
Livi says the heart means "fight with your heart!"

"Fight this cancer!  Love Fighting this cancer1"


"Do not get sunburnt! Wear Sunscreen!"



No comments:

Post a Comment